Stalker Archive

Thursday, September 21, 2017

My Blog is Over As You Know It

I am all too lazy and all too busy to do a recap of what I did last week, but just know that it involved wedding prep, spending time with Zach, shopping and a whole lot of working! But even though I've got a whole lot on my mind, I feel like I need to do one more blog post before I get married (mostly because in my last post I said that it would be the second to last post... so I pretty much signed myself up for another blog post during this crazy week!)

I mostly just wanted to come on here and reflect a little bit. I started this blog when I moved to Tucson as a freshman at the University of Arizona and I had so many people asking me for updated about my life that I figured it would just be easiest to put it all in one place, since I have never really been the type of person to post daily Facebook statuses about what is going on in my life. While it started as a way to update everyone else in the world, and to allow people to stalk me a whole lot easier, it has really turned into my way of journaling and recording all the crazy awesome and even crazy boring times in my life.

I applaud all of the people who have been readers since 2013, it's been a long four years! I know full well that some blog posts were more boring than boring itself, and since you even read those ones you deserve a gold star. In the course of these four years you've read about all my roommates (those roommate interview posts were always the most viewed), my journey through school and deciding my major, my adventures tackling a singles ward, all the football and basketball games that I had a heart attack watching, my journey traveling to all the cities and towns in Arizona, you've even read about mine and Zach's relationship from when we became official in 2014 all the way until we got engaged and now married in a couple days! The least four years of my life are pretty open, and while that seems very creepy to some people I don't regret it for a second. I love being able to go back and read about my different adventures, it's been a great blessing for me even when it was difficult to get up the motivation to blog haha! This blog is me in written form.

So why is my blog over as we know it? Have any of you ever seen the movie PS I Love You? It's a chick flick so I will forgive you if you haven't seen it. There's this quote in the movie that has stuck with me ever since I first watched it, the guy says "Watch out for that signal, when life as you know it ends." It's a pretty simple quote. But life as I know it is ending, I am getting married on Saturday people, my life will never be the same again. And such as my life is changing, the written form in life is changing as well. As of Saturday I am officially going to be a married blogger... I am fully embracing that horrid mormon girl stereotype.

I have thought about just ending the blog and letting this new chapter of my life be the end of the blog. But I honestly am weird person and got filled with so much guilt for even thinking about ending my blog hahaha... again I am weird. So don't you worry people, the blog lives on! I am not sure if I am going to keep doing the weekly updates or if I will switch things up, but either way I will do my very best to keep you all updated on my life, especially as a married woman!

Words cannot describe the excitement I have for this weekend, but I don't think words even exist in the dictionary to describe how excited I am to just be married to Zach and start our life together! I truly could not have found a better person to share the rest of my life with, he is easily the greatest blessing in my life! I am also so excited for all the parties this weekend to kick off our life together!

And although I said I wasn't doing a weekly update for this blog, I do want to give a major shout out to my coworkers who hooked me up with gifts today for my last day of work before the festivities! They got me non-alcoholic merlot, chardonnay and champagne, along with apple ciders and cupcakes! And no people these were not just grape juices! I had all the drinkers test it with me and they said that it tastes more like the real thing than grape juice for sure. I must say I would probably not be a wine drinker... not my favorite, I need way more sugar haha. But I loved the gifts in general, they are so awesome!

Okay now I have got to get back to the real world and get to work on this wedding! I hope I will see you all there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment