Stalker Archive

Monday, August 14, 2017

Bridal Showers are Lit

Before we get to all the good stuff let me tell you all a fun story about my car.

Some of you have been reading my blog since the very beginning, so you are well aware of all of the car problems that I have. For some it would have been obvious that I needed to get a new car a long time ago, but as a poor college student, it just wasn't something I was able to do. Well as recalled in my last blog, the AC stopped working in my Buick. My Dad and I figured out it was the compressor causing the problem and we were able to manually kick start the compressor by whacking it a few times to get it to start moving. Well eventually that plan stopped working and I was two seconds away from dying from heat exhaustion every single time I had to drive my car home from work after it had been sitting out in the sun all day in August in Arizona. I was seriously bawling by the time I got home every day because it was so hot and I was so cranky. So I finally give up with the manual trick and decide to take it into our mechanic on Tuesday of this week. And Wednesday was when the whole world started falling apart. I took our truck to work on Wednesday because the car was in the shop. This truck is a piece of work but it runs fine for the most part, it's just that none of the windows really work and one of the back ones is literally held up by a pieces of paper wedged through the cracks, and somehow those pieces of papers have survived many trips to and from Tucson and other random endeavors in the valley. But just my luck the second I get onto the 202 to drive to work the papers fly out and the window falls to its doom. So I am driving on the freeway hoping nothing flies out of the car with the papers. I get to work and I don't have the tools to try and pull the window back up so I just used a towel to sort of block the window and just hope and praaaay that no one comes and steals it while I was at work.
So I go into work, I'm having a fairly good day there, and then I get a text message from my Dad that to fix the compressor it's going to be around $900 without a warranty, and like $1300 with a warranty. I could have cried reading that text message. As someone who is paying for my fabulous wedding in a month, and someone who is going to start paying a whole lot of bills soon I was not thrilled with this receipt. And after calculating all the costs of repairs I have done on the Buick for the past 12 months, if I went ahead and fixed the compressor I would have spent nearly $3000 on my 2001 car in roughly 12 months. I just couldn't go ahead with this repair. But like I said, I have quite a few expenses right now so I can't really just pay for a new car, and I am not about to drive around in a Buick with no AC. So I spent my lunch break driving around in the truck and contemplating my options.
Well just my luck as I am driving I notice that it's not only tears streaming down my face but a whole lot of sweat... the freaking AC in the truck stopped working... WHAT EVEN IS MY LIFE HONESTLY!!
And people this was supposed to be a very happy day for me. This was the day that I was picking up my wedding dress after all the alterations, it was supposed to be a dream. But of course the seamstress only takes cash, and my ATM faiiiillled me and I was $40 short of the payment (thanks to my mother for carrying around extra cash). Luckily the dress is beautiful and I love it and I am happy but wow oh wow was that over shadowed by alllll the other crap that happened that day. Because I was once again driving home in a very hot car.
Turns out the truck had a radiator problem, yippee, and actually a whole lot more and it's like on its death bed.
The best thing that came out of all of this is that I got to have EJ's jetta for a few days. Which works perfectly and I did not curse the car with my bad luck so nothing is wrong with it.

Now that it has been a few days to process it all, I am officially going to be getting a new car. So if anyone knows of anyone selling a functional car that has working with air conditioning then please let me know because I'm a little desperate. Also it's all fun because Zach is also buying a car right now, or trying to, so it's all fun and dandy over here.

Alright I was hoping I could have made that a little more snappy then I did but oh well.

Here's some other things that did not involve a car that happened last week:

On Monday I hosted my final FHE in Meridian ward (I technically have a month left but my week falls on labor day so it's going to be cancelled haha) and I went out with a bang with Family Feud! I had been surveying everyone in my ward and some of my other friends to generate the questions, and I found a dope template online and it turned out really awesome. I definitely wasn't prepared for the amount of people that came but we were able to make it work and it was a lot of fun. My favorite part was when my bishop questioned some of the answers and I would just be like "hey your ward members answered it so you'll have to take it up with them hahaha." He was especially not too thrilled with the fact that "I Am A Child of God" was the number 1 answer for "Name a primary song that gets stuck in your head easily" because it's actually a hymn. Good stuff people, good stuff haha. Shout out to my helpers Zach, Kenzie & Derrick for making everything function while I hosted!

On Tuesday I had my final Sydney/Sadie time with Sadie (obvi haha) before she moves to Utah! We went to Freddy's for some delicious food (shout out to Maddie for serving me... sorry I am awful at recognizing people haha) and then we went shopping to get an outfit for my bridal shower and to get some other random things we needed. Since our friendaversary week is the week that she is officially in Utah (which is this week by the way) I also got her a friendaversary gift/going away gift. I don't think we have celebrated friendaversary in the same city for yeeeeaarrsss because I am usually in Tucson or she was on a mission or whatever hahaha, but I am glad we got to have this small little celebration at least a week before!
I also spent most of Tuesday night helping my Dad put together a Medical Emergencies video for his institute training the next day. We are really good at leaving things to the last second with his yearly videos. Luckily Zach came and helped out too to lighten the load for the rest of us!

Wednesday with the climax of all the car insanity which I already talked about so we are just going to skip right over that.

Thursday I picked up my wedding dress which was wonderful and happy, and in the evening I went to Derrick's house for a photo shoot for Andy's artful mind. He's got this art project that he wants to work on and needed some models as references for when he draws his masterpiece. I finally got to put my studio lights to good use with this party so I was thrilled. I haven't gotten around to editing any of the photos I took of the behind the scenes action, so no photos yet. But it was a hilarious time, especially Kenzie and Derrick, they are a hoot.

On Friday Zach, Steph and I went to the gorgeous Lucy Bradbury's wedding! I kind of failed and took us to the wrong place at first but we did eventually end up at the venue... even though we got so lost and ended up coming in the back door haha. Holy freaking moly people! This was the wedding of all weddings. Everything was so beautiful and classy and Lucy was drop. dead. gorgeous! It was a lot of fun seeing her and a lot of old Tucson homies that have since left off to different schools or graduated. There were some of the greatest dancers out on the dance floor, it was a total party, one that will be quite difficult to top!

Alright we have made it to Saturday, the day you have all been waiting for! My bridal shower! I had the most amazing people throwing me this shower. My old neighbor Merilee Kenney hosted it at her beautiful Eastmark house (seriously the most perfect house for all sorts of events). Then some of my old Eastridge leaders Belynda Heslop & Kathi Little contributed food and decorations that made everything so perfect! My mom & Pam also helped a ton and Kenzie hosted some really amazing games! I could not have picked a better team to host the bridal shower, I am eternally grateful for all of the for putting it together! Just wait until you see all the photos (shout out to Abby for taking as many as she could before her camera decided to haaate me and die hahaha), seriously so perfect!
I had so many wonderful people come to the shower to support me. People that I haven't seen in years and people I see pretty much every single week! It's overwhelming how much support Zach and I have and I can't thank you all enough for all of it! Okay I am going to just start posting photos and then add some commentary:

What would be a bridal shower for me without succulents? They incorporated all my wedding themes flawlessly!
Soooo much good food
Merilee made that cute sign in the back!
Pam's pride and joy: the soda bar!
So there were two games that everyone played and then one game that I played alone. One of them was guessing who said what. McKenzie interviewed Zach and I earlier in the week to generate these answers, and it was pretty interesting to see people's answers! Most people knew me pretty well haha.
The second game that everyone played was guessing the age of me and Zach in a variety of photos. People were generally pretty good at guessing my age but we were all awful (yes including me) at guessing Zach's age! We also guessed that he was three years younger than he actually was. It was so hilarious to me... see the photo below of Steph and I cracking up at putting the age 8 for a photo that Zach was like 15 in!
Then there was the game that I played. This is like the newly wed game but with a fun stripping twist. Please note the stuffed Zach that made an appearance at the party (probably one of the best decorations hahaha). I was super nervous that Zach and I weren't going to get any of the answers matched... but we were actually WAY good at this game and even had the same explanations with each answer. I only got three questions wrong so I only had to strip three pieces of clothing off the chubbier and stubbier version of Zach haha. If there were any doubts if Zach and I were supposed to get married they were definitely wiped away after playing this game hahah.
 Unfortunately Abby's camera died while I was opening all the presents, but I felt so incredibly lucky and blessed by everything that everyone got me! Zach and I are super grateful for everything! And it is perfect timing since Zach is moving into our house in Tucson this week so he's going need some stuff to survive! Luckily Pam did get this picture of me with the pots that her sister in law got for me:

I didn't get photos with a loooot of people, but I did get photos with the amazing crew that put this all together behind the scenes and all my Tucson ladies!! So enjoy all these photos:

The queen of bridal showers!!!







Can you tell that Abby has been life guarding this summer? hot daaaaang




Sadly Julia left before we got to snap a picture!

Avery loved the Zach head so much hahaha
And here's a photo Pam snapped of Zach with his lumpier twin

Seriously guys I can't rave enough about everyone that made this shower happen, and to all the people that came out to support me even if it was just for a little bit (especially my Avondale family, you guys are the best!!!)

On Saturday night Zach and I went and helped Sadie pack her moving truck for a little bit before we hung out with Steph and watched the cultural celebration (or at least tried to watch it because it really wasn't working for 90% of the time). We got to hang out with Jonah is Honah for a little bit too on his 15th birthday!!! 

On Sunday Zach, Steph and I went to the Tucson temple dedication in the morning! We saw Cob & Nathan there and some other old friends! I am so stoked that the temple is now dedicated! I can't wait to go through the temple, and I stoked that I will have a temple so close when I move to Tucson! 
Zach and I pretty much just chilled with Avery and Max for most of the day, except when we had our first round of our marriage interviews with Bishop, so that was exciting!
In the evening the fam got together one last time before Sadie moved to Utah (well kind of because Parker was only there through FaceTime haha). By some miracle Trev was in town so we were so close to all being reunited, but the real reunion is going to happen September 23rd, y'all better watch out. We of course had to snap a fam pic. Seriously people we haven't all been together since Sadie left on her mission in 2014!!! It's so crazy! I am so happy that I have made such long lasting friends in these people, they're amazing even when they're hoodlums!


No comments:

Post a Comment