Stalker Archive

Monday, August 21, 2017

Role Reversal

Hey-o everybody!

The week wasn't all that exciting. I was working a lot, and it was kind of a crazy week because of all the specials going on. I got to do a lot of design work as well, which is probably my favorite thing that I do at work, so it wasn't a bad week work wise, even though it was real busy.
Zach got a new car on last week! And he's way too kind and letting me drive it until I move down to Tucson with him. We are pretty sure the guy he bought it from is a drug dealer haha and the car smells like stale smoke to me, so I am pretty convinced. But this guy totally upgraded the car, so it's pretty nice for an ol' 2005 (but let's be honest a 2005 is like brand new for me hahaha). But I am eternally grateful for Zach because my Dad told me that I couldn't roll around in the jetta anymore... so I was going to end up melting in the Buick, but Zach saved me life as usual!
I don't think anything else that significant happened during the week, so moving on to the weeeekennnd!

Zach moved to Tucson on Saturday #crycrycry because I am so jealous. We packed up the jetta, and Zach's two vans with all of Zach's stuff and made our way to our house!

Once we arrived Abby & Trev came over to help us unload of all our stuff #bestfriends and made the whole process move a lot faster! It was so nice to watch our little place fill up with stuff. It definitely started feeling more real with every new piece of furniture we carried in. It was really weird though because I am so used to being the one that is moving away and leaving Zach in Mesa, and now the roles are completely switched! This year was the first time in our relationship that we lived in the same city for more than a couple months, and we definitely were not complaining with all the time we spent together. We pretty much had the whole long distance thing down, but as soon as we were within a couple mile radius from each other we didn't know how we ever survived. And now we are back in the long distance phase again, but this time only for a month, and then we will be married! Insanity. The good news is that I am going to see him pretty much every weekend, so we just have to take everything one week at a time. But I am so excited and honestly so jealous that he is starting school at the UA this week. My heart feels empty because I am not on campus this fall hahaha.

Anyway... after everything got loaded in I started to put things in their places in the house. Thane & Trev got our guest bed set up that Zach will be sleeping in for a couple days until our wedding present from my parents and my aunt come in (seriously can't wait for our new mattress). Zach got the Internet set up so he wouldn't completely die without me haha. The house is already looking so cute, and I haven't even put up all the decor yet (most of it is being saved for the wedding lol).
After we got everything settled in Zach and I went and got a late lunch at Cane's and then I had to say goodbye to him and make my way back to Mesa. Seriously it was so weird being the one leaving again! But I didn't leave without getting a picture snapped at our front door first:

Once I got home it was wedding time! The first wedding I went to was Rebecca Ranta's with my mom and Avery! Rebecca was in my ward when we were teenagers! Her wedding was so cute and had a vintage theme! It was so nice to catch up with her for a little bit on her big day, she is sweetest girl in the world, and her husband is so nice! Avery and I especially loved the cupcakes and the soda bar that was at the wedding. I also loved all the song choices for the dances. No one could possibly get away with a Metallica daddy-daughter song like Rebecca! It was also fun to see a lot of my old home ward friends there too! 

The second wedding of the night was Hot Talia and Connor's wedding! Holy moly do you want to talk about a daaaance party. The two of them are some of the greatest and most fun dancers I have ever met, so it was no surprise that their wedding was going to be lit. At this wedding I was reunited with many of the Tucson homies who were off on summer vacation! I think my favorite part of this wedding was (well besides how dang good Talia looked) was the fact that the Tucson kids started the hustle during Stayin' Alive. That dance pretty much was the entire theme of my last semester at UA, so of course it was only appropriate that it made an appearance at the #1 dance party of the year. I will do my best to come close to this party at my wedding, but it's gonna be hard to top!


Here's a sideways polaroid that we took at the wedding with Jenny & Steph

The night ended on a high note with Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance With Somebody and then a sparkler send off. That's how you end a Saturday night people.

On Sunday I went out to Queen Creek for Keaton's homecoming talk. The talk was amazing besides the fact that he said the word potato ZERO times. How does one serve a mission in Idaho, and not mention their crop in their homecoming talk. He said that he had a joke in there but he decided to cut it out in order to save on time. But of course besides that it was great, he couldn't stop smiling the whole time, so you know he really loved his mission.
After the talk Jonah joined me at Keaton's house afterward for a little party with food and friends. Jacie & Cob were also there. I love Jacie because she always laughs at me and makes me feel funny, I want her to follow me around always so I can feel funny hahaha.
Here is a nice pic of Cob, Keaton, Jacie and I at Keaton's house before I departed. Major photo cred to Jonah is Honah for being so Honah and capturing the great photo:



Afterwards I drove Jonah home and he gave me the skinny on his life. I don't miss being in high school at all, but I sure do love to hear about different relationship dynamics and all the drama that happens. It's pretty funny because as a freshman this stuff can be a big deal, but in retrospect it's so small! Luckily Jonah is probably the coolest freshman around and the nicest person in the world, so all drama just rolls right off his shoulders.

For the rest of the day I was just planning my Dad's parking video with him and watching Big Brother. To all the people who might be watching Big Brother, please tell me you hate this season as much as I do, and that you want Jessica to win America's favorite houseguest to absolutely DESTROY all the houseguests in the finale. This cast was such a mess honestly.

So as you guys may have figured out Zach is going to the UA to finish off his degree, so when we get married I will be moving down to Tucson with him... and to me that meant leaving my awesome job in Chandler where I am making a pretty decent income which would make married life a whole lot less stressful. Well I finally broke the news to my boss that I would be quitting once I was married and that I wish there was a way I could be work remotely... and holy crap guys they want to make it work for me! So we will see what happens! I am super excited though that I may be able to keep this job and be in Tucson, best of both worlds! So cross your fingers that I get a good deal out of this!

Shout out to all the UA kids that started school today, and good luck to Zach who starts tomorrow! As much as I like this whole adulting thing, I sure do miss college a lot!

Oh and you guys!!! I am the finalist for best General News Photo for college media for my photo from the Orlando Vigil last summer! I am STOKED! That's my second nomination with that photo, too cool!

1 comment: