Stalker Archive

Thursday, November 2, 2017

A Real Life Adult

The past few weeks have been filled with birthdays, honestly most of October was a birthday craze. There was EJ's, then Keaton's, then Jenny', then Avery's and in the time since I last blogged it was Trev and Abby's birthday! I swear almost all of my friends have a birthday in either October or May. I can't keep up.
So the 23rd was Trev's birthday. Zach and I went with him plus Abby, Sam, Kenzie, Jenny, Derrick & Brittany to have a birthday dinner at BJ's. We of course all went around the table and said what we love about Trev, and I think the overarching theme is 1 how funny he is, and 2 how easy going and just down to clown he is. Trev is the best and I am very lucky to have him as one of my best friends, and it's even better that Zach and I get to live in Tucson with him too haha, he can never escape us.
After the dinner we went back to 1320 and played Shang Hai, but we only made it through like half the rounds, so we will definitely be playing again sometime soon.

Tuesday was a stress day for me. As you guys know my Buick is pretty much dead and I haven't been driving it for like two months. Zach bought a wonderful Corolla and his parents have been letting us use their Odyssey until we bought a new car. Well we really needed to buy a new car but just thinking about buying on stressed me out. So after work on Tuesday I spent pretty much the entire day looking at cars on a computer and I thought my head was going to explode from being too overwhelmed. So Zach said that we should just start going to places and test driving cars on Wednesday after work to actually start getting the ball rolling.

So on Wednesday we both get off work and decide to go to O'Rielly Chevrolet here in Tucson to check out some cars. When we walked out of our house I said "Let it be known, we are not going to buy a car today" because I needed those words to be said so that we could both be strong enough to walk away from nice cars with crap deals. So we roll up into the used car lot and a salesman comes up to us and shows us some different SUVs that they have. We looked at an Equinox and then he lead us over to a cute little 2016 Chevy Trax. It looked like a squished Equinox and it wasn't love at first sight. But then we took it for a test drive and it just kept getting better and better and way cooler. I made sure to tell the salesman that we wouldn't be able to buy the car that day because I needed to get the money for the down payment our of my savings... I thought I was being tough. Sure enough 3 hours later we drove out of the O'Reilly Chevrolet with the Trax.
It was honestly so stressful. We were both really good about saying no until we couldn't say it anymore. At one point I even thought about running away and just hoping they wouldn't catch me. BUT we did actually get a great deal on this car (not just according to the car salesman) and even though it's not a "new" car it's pretty much new to me. And I feel like it's from space... let's all keep in mind what year my cute Buick was... that's right a 2001. So this 2016 is pretty much as high tech as it gets.
Even though trying to say no these guys was stressful, once we finally worked everything out, it was an awesome experience. Everyone treated us like we were MVPs. We met the most wonderful insurance woman who got us a slamming deal on our insurance and gave us all sorts of life lessons at the expense of her son (he really has a rough life with all the insurance horror stories she tells about him... they've got to be fake).

There are just some moments when I have felt like I am really an adult. Paying rent for the first time... I felt like an adult. Paying taxes.... I felt like an adult. Graduating college and getting a big girl job... I felt like an adult. And now adding to that list is buying a car. This was mine and Zach's first major purchase together and something that our parents did not help one cent with financially (they did mentally help us during the stressful part of the process though). So it was a big freaking deal! And people I am absolutely in love with this Trax. It's a dream come true. By the time we were out of the dealership it was too dark to take a picture with the car, and every time I think to take a picture with it, I don't look good (so sorry Steph), but here is a picture of the pretty thang:


And yes of course I was too scared to drive it for a few days for fear that I would be that person to total their car days after buying it.

Thursday was a pretty chill day. Someone from the Bishopric came over to attempt to give Zach and I callings but because I working every week in Chandler now Monday-Wednesday, I can really only have a Sunday calling. So no Scouts for me... but Zach on the other hand is free as a bird on Tuesdays, so that's where you will find him!
We also went back to the dealership on Thursday to finalize some insurance stuff and they were having a huge sale on new cars so there was a big party happening, and we got free dinner... along with all the free advice from our insurance woman haha.

Friday was the start of Homecoming weekend! After work my mom and Avery came over to my house while my Dad was doing some fraternity things with his brothers. In the evening the three of us went to the Fraternities scholarship dinner. My Dad asked me to take photos for the event, and I needed to suck up to the men so that they give Zach a scholarship next year ;) It wasn't all work though. They had brushfire bbq there to cater the event, so we were fed very well. I also got to meet my Dad's big, how cute:


But even cuter was my assistant:

Avery and my parents stayed the night on Friday and then on Saturday was the start of the real Homecoming festivities. We went to Canes for lunch and got a crap ton of chicken fingers and then went to the Homecoming parade. Now that I am an alum I get cool things at tailgate just for graduating. I got an entire meal ticket from the Global Affairs because I once studied abroad. Fancy fancy, and Zach got all the benefits just by being married to me. My Dad was pretty disappointed in the Homecoming parade this year, mostly because there were like zero Greek floats, and that's what he is always the most excited about.

After the parade we went to 1320 to relax a little bit before the game. Zach and I also went on a mountain dew hunt. If you don't know by now in all my years of mountain dew hunting, new game fuel mountain dews are always released towards the end of October. Zach found out that there were threeee new ones released, and we were able to find one of them on Saturday:

Since my Grandpa wasn't going to be using his season ticket for this game, I got to use it to get in, and then of course I snuck into the Zonazoo to be with all the friends. This game was entertaining because of course we won, but also because Kenzie and Abby were wearing onesies and tried very hard to get onto the camera. Abby's onesie was Wilbur the Wildcat, and Kenzie's was the poop emoji and she had a sign that said "Hello my name is Washington State". They were successful in getting on the jumbo tron many times, but McKenzie's sign never made it on... strategic camera men.

On Sunday Zach and I went with my family to breakfast before we went to church. Church was pretty interesting on Sunday because we had a combined third hour talking about the Priesthood ban, the teacher is married to a man from Africa so it was a really personal and unique perspective, I enjoyed it a lot because of how open she was and all the facts she had.

Sunday was also Abby Quaranta's BIRTHDAY!!! She's 21 y'all. She wanted to go to dinner at Olive Garden that evening and it was a hoot. The celebrators included, me, Zach, Trevor, Jay, Brittany, Jenny, Derrick, Kenzie, Andy and of course Abby. Once again we did our thing going around the table, and it was honestly hard to think of just one thing we loved about Abby. I declared a ditto button every time someone said something that I agreed with... which was everything. Abby is just the bomb.com in every sense of the phrase. After dinner we went back to 1320 and more people joined us to play Utter Nonsense ( a game in which I am sooo horrible at). One of the party people was Chandler who informed us that he saw the second new mountain dew at the circle K near us, so of course Zach and I ran to get it, and it was of course delicious.

On Monday morning I woke up bright and early to go to Chandler for work. It was wonderful being back in the office.
After work I went to work trying to figure out what my halloween costume was going to be. I originally wanted to wear McKenzie's poop onesie and do a similar idea to what she did at the football game and have a nametag with our competitors name on it. But alas I did not get the onesie before I left. So instead I used one of her onesies in Mesa (she is the onesie queen) to become the Cat's Pajamas. Any excuse to wear pajamas at work am I right?
At work on Tuesday everyone was dressed up... except for all the men of course who are just too cool. There was a big pizza party at lunch and a costume contest. My operations manager was dressed as grapes, so she won the best costume. And our designer was dressed as a comic book character and she won the best DIY costume. I felt like me and Ellie won in the long run though because we were wearing pajamas at work:


When Zach was out of class he drove up to Mesa to spend Halloween with me and my family (we couldn't possibly miss our first married Halloween together). Luckily The Cats Pajamas is the world's easiest costume so he stole some of Jonah's pajamas, threw on some cat ears and was ready to go! We had the pleasure of taking Avery around trick or treating (she was pikachu in case you were wondering, she was also smart with the onesie). Going with Avery is interesting because she won't go to any house that is scary. And what makes a house scary you might ask? Well a house might be scary if it has halloween decorations, if it's dark, if it's lights are on.... or if it's a house. So she might not have scored on the candy side of things but she scored for having a good time with me and Zach. She also joined us on our adventure to get a cheap burrito from chipotle.


The Wilcocks joined my parents and my grandparents in the passing out of soda and candy to children with a bonfire in our driveway. Bonfires would be so nice if it was actually cold on Halloween in Mesa... but alas it is not, and fire pits are just hot haha.

On Wednesday after work Zach and I went back to Tucson and joined Derrick in going to the first exhibition basketball game of the year. I wasn't able to go to the Red & Blue game, so this was my first time seeing the new team, and I am super excited about this year... but only if we can work on rebounding a little bit... and if Ayton can just hold onto the ball a little bit.

I know you are waiting with baited breath for my wedding photos and I promise you I am tooo, I am dying a little bit. But soon people soooon! And I promise it will be good!

Also how freaking stoked am I that it is now November? SO STOKED! It's birthday month people, which means it's the best month of the year for me. We've got many excited things ahead so be sure to keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment