Stalker Archive

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Bachelor Nation & Windy Pictures

Now that it's September, the fact that my wedding is coming up actually feels real. We had a relatively long engagement so the wedding always seemed so far off... but now it's 2 1/2 weeks away and I'm like whhhhhaaat? Where did the time even go??

Friday was an insane day at work. There was a labor day bbq, which was exciting... but it took me away from doing all my work and they were trying to kick everyone out the building early... so it was a stress case. But I got out super early and Zach and I went to go get our marriage license!!! I had no idea marriage licenses were good for an entire year... that's why I waited so long to get it hahaha, but luckily it was super quick to do and we were in and out of there in like 20 minutes!



This weekend had another exciting wedding event, mine and Zach's Bachelor(ette) party. Zach and I share pretty much all the same friends, and we figured it would be double the fun if we just combined our parties into one insane bachelor(ette) party of the century. I rented an AirBnB in Scottsdale to host the occasion (it was honestly kind of hilarious and annoying and frustrating this whole AirBnB situation this time around... but it was all good in the end...even if my bank account wasn't too thrilled about it haha). I chose this particular AirBnb because it was relatively cheap (at the time before all the crazy fees came in hahaha) and it had SO many foam mattresses. There was a foam mattress couch (the cow), a foam mattress in the zen den, a foam mattress in a sound proof room, a foam mattress in the master bedroom AND a foam mattress in the backyard. You really can't go wrong with this many foam mattresses. It was great because it was a biiiiig party, 18 people total!
Girls: Me, Steph, Kenzie, Jenny, Lauren, Chastity, Brittany, Abby, Caroline & Kara
Boys: Zach, Scitt, Derrick, Trev, Andy, baby Keats, Cob & Spencer

Steph, Kenzie and Trev took on the challenge to make this thing a night to remember for all, and they totally killed it. As everyone arrived to the AirBnb gold wedding tattoos were applied. Some people were much more creative than others with their placement and choice of tattoos, and some people really surprised us with how many tattoos they wanted hahaha. After everyone arrived and were properly tatted we split up the girls and the boys to go to dinner. The boys went to Buffalo Wild Wings and the girls went to Oreganos! We had a pretty long wait at Oreganos so we opened up all the goodies while we waited. These girls came in clutch with all the lingerie they got me, I am pretty much set forever, and they all have such good taste. My friends are theeee best. I had to guess who gave me what and it was actually extremely difficult haha but I did get a few right just by some context clues and lucky guesses. Eventually we were seated for dinner and Kenzie and Steph brought some cute celebration coaster napkins for everyone and a lil bit of decorations. Throughout this part of the evening whenever someone blew one of their special whistles I had to answer a would you rather question or just a random question that kenzie put together for me. So during dinner I was answering questions and just getting updated on everyone's lives and of course eating plenty of pizza.

After dinner we went back to the AirBnb to meet up with the boys! Kenzie and Steph originally planned to do a scavenger hunt but because of the long wait at Oreganos it was kind of late and people were starting to get a lil' tired so we decided to play a game at the AirBnB instead. Kenzie put together a fun Jeopardy game with three different categories: All About Sydney, All About Zach & Let's Get It On. I think you can figure out what was in each category haha. It was boys against girls, but the I was on the boys team and Zach was on the girls team. The girls ended up winning, I would complain that I didn't win but girls rule so I'm happy.

Then we started to take some pics and then people started doing their own thing. We played lots of games like mafia, the truth circle, people played code names, phase 10 and others. We pretty much just partied and snacked all night long. I am an old woman and ended up going to sleep around 2, but I would up at like 5:30 and there were people who still had not gone to sleep! Party animals people, I'm telling ya. I was most impressed with how Scitt played with the best of them even after Zach went to sleep, that kid is a party animal. In the morning everyone slowly woke up at different times, Kenzie made everyone breakfast and we packed the place up!

It was pretty fun to have so many of my friends being in one place. Far too often I'm either with my Mesa friends or I'm with my Tucson friends, and for this night we were pretty much all together (besides the people that tragically could not make it of course). Zach and I have some of the greatest friends around, and they're pretty much family to us! Couldn't have chosen a better second family to live life's adventures with!

Of course Abby was our designated photographer of the evening because she's the bomb.com and I do enjoy being in photos every once in awhile so here are some of the highlights of the evening:


The rest of the Saturday was a loooong day because we started the day so early. Zach and I went shopping to find some last minute things for our bridals shoot on Monday. We went all the way to Phoenix to go to the last chance out there, and after some food and a couple stores we were pretty much dead, so a nap was very necessary (especially considering how little sleep we got that night too). After a nap we did a little wedding planning with his mom and then went and did even moooore shopping! But it was a very successful shopping day, we got pretty much everything he needed with the exception of a belt.
The first UA football game of the year was Saturday night but the Oregon game trumped it on the television and I was all too exhausted so I called it an early night to catch up on all the sleep I lost on Friday haha.

On Sunday morning Zach and I had our interviews with the Stake President to get cleared for our sealing, and we passed! It was a relatively short meeting that just got right down to business, which is exactly what I was hoping it would be! Zach and I are legally and spiritually ready to get married now haha!
Afterwards we went to church and that was a grand ol' time. Except for the fact that the chapel is freaking FREEZING and I always end up sitting next to or under a vent and I die... completely die.. Luckily the classroom for Relief Society and Sunday School is at a much more normal temperature.
Jacie is my new favorite church friend to sit in Relief Society with... even though we are very terrible at paying attention haha. Apparently I will now being naming at least 4 of my kids after her, so that's wonderful hahaha.

After church Zach and I hung out at my house, and the greatest thing happened JUNO CAME ON TV!!!! Zach and I have been wanting to watch this gem for such a long time but I LOST MY FREAKING DVD AND THIS DANG MOVIE IS NOT ON NETFLIX. So this was a wonderful day for us. We also played games with Avery (she's very obsessed with sardines right now), watched Big Brother and parts of the Deathly Hallows movies.

Monday was labor day so no work!!! This was the day Zach and I were taking our bridal photos, and it was the first time Zach would see me in my dress so it was am extremely exciting day. My mom, Zach, Kenzie, Derrick, Avery and I all rode together to Tucson. Before we left town we picked up my oh so beautiful succulent bouquet from The Floral Theory (look her up on Insta) to use for the bridals that night. The wonderful thing about succ bouquets is that they will not wilt for days and can withstand hot car rides... a great choice on my part.

Once we got into Tucson we quickly stopped by mine and Zach's place to put things inside, then we all went to lunch at Costa Vida and then did a little bit of shopping to find Zach a belt! Afterwards we took Kenzie and Derrick back to their houses and relaxed for a hot second before I went to Sephora to get my makeup done! I wear a very minimal amount of makeup... but I figured I got to look fierce for my wedding photos, so it was necessary to do a makeover. Because I usually wear very little makeup... anything more than eyeliner and mascara makes me feel a little bit crazy... but I was super happy with how it turned out, and even though it was a little much for my everyday self, I knew it was going to be wonderful for the photos. After my makeup we raced back to the house to meet Kara so she could do my hair! She was having some cray car problems but was still able to make it to the dirty T on time to do my hair, she's the best! My photographer, Drey, and her husband met up with us at our house while I was getting my hair done and Zach was getting all dolled up. Once the veil was placed in my hair we raced out of the house and up Mt Lemmon to Windy Point.
It was bright and shiny and freaking hot all day long and as soon as we started driving it was raining and starting to get very cloudy... and it seemed like the sun was going down at a rapid pace. I thought the pictures were going to for sure be ruined with all these signs... but with lots and lots of prayers we  got there with plenty of time for me to change and to get all the necessary pictures. It WASNT raining by a miracle, and the clouds made the sunset look even more jaw dropping in the photos. But it couldn't be perfect of course hahaha my veil was really not cooperating during the shoot because of how windy it was (we were at windy point so I should have seen this coming).
With the help of my mom, Drey and Travis we were able to execute the best first look in this far off little area with no one around! I aint about to give y'all any spoilers but just know Drey's photos were already looking flawless straight off the camera, so you knooooow they'll be perfect! Drey is seriously the best people and worked effortlessly through all the different elements that tried to road block these photos!
It was pretty comical how windy it was and how willing to be on the edge of rocks we were, luckily we made it out alive and my dress was barely even damaged. My hair was a real hot mess by the end, but it was all in good fun, we will get the normal hair pics on the actual wedding day hahaha. I am so happy it all worked out for the most part! This whole shoot could have gone in a completely different direction, but we are so blessed that it didn't!
Once the sun went down we made our way down the mountain, my mom and I dropped Zach off and then picked Avery up from Kenzie's house and then we made our way back to Mesa. You have no idea how satisfying it was to take out all the extensions and fake lashes and alllll the makeup after that day and to brush through my extremely hair sprayed hair.... my face and hair just felt soooo clean hahaha and free.

As you guys can see this was quite the exciting wedding weekend! These were some of the last celebratory things to happen, and now we are in crunch time getting everything ready! Wish us luck and be ready to party on the 23rd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment