Stalker Archive

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Home & Native Land of the Free

It's been a solid two weeks since I have blogged, and I really can't remember the day-to-day things that happened in week 1, so here is a nice little bullet point list of some exciting things that happened

  1. Caroline, Spencer & Ryan were driving up to Mesa on their journey to Utah/California, and they since Spencer was parking his car at my house during his vacation, they stopped by and hung out with me for a little bit. Caroline brought her cat with her, and Avery was really not thrilled about that, but Reagan (Reygan?) is a sweetie, and even I (not being a cat person) like her.
  2. That same day Lauren came over to try on her bridesmaid outfit to make sure everything fit and looked good with her shoes (which are perfect, I am eternally impressed with how well she matched the blues).
  3. The Stephanie Lauren Shaw moved to the valley! I didn't see her during her moving in days because that's hectic and her family was there to help her, buuuuut she did come to my ward on Sunday (and so did Cob... best day of my life), and I found out that not only is she going to be in my stake but so is Roland, and his ward meets right before mine. Look at all the Tucson folk taking over the valley, it's a party.
  4. And the most important bullet point of all... BIG BROTHER STARTED! Y'all know I live for the summers solely for Big Brother. The show gives me life. It's my guilty pleasure that I really don't feel at all guilty about watching... so it's just a pleasure haha.

Annnnd that's just about all I can remember from that week. Except for of course Saturday, July 1st was Canada day!
Zach and I celebrated in the morning by going wedding suit shopping (we were unsuccessful with buying a suit from Zara like he wanted but we have found an even better suit that is going to blow you alllll away... hopefully haha). 
During the day we made cake pops with my family. Making cake pops and oreo balls were my jam in high school, and I haven't done it in forever. I kind of always forget that I actually enjoy baking, so it was nice to get back to that old hobby for an afternoon.
In the evening my family celebrated in a couple different ways. Avery wanted to play this guess that song game, where you play only one second of a song and you have to guess what it is. Avery is surprisingly good at this game... if no one else is playing against her. Once the whole family came in (including Zach during his dinner break at work) it was a whole lot more competitive and you needed to think reeeaaal fast in order to gain a point. After a few songs we stopped keeping score but McKenzie was definitely the champion.
We also decorated the cake balls in the evening with red and white icing, and then we had a little fire in our backyard. We all gathered around the pit while listening to some of the best music that Canada has produced (don't worry everyone Anne Murray made the playlist at least four times) and discussing how wonderful Canada is. We also lit a lot of tiny sparklers that burned your hand just by holding them. 
It was such a fun night with my family. We don't often get these nights where we are all together in one place and are actually together doing the same thing haha, I love these nights.









By some stroke of magic luck the company that I work for decided that it's silly to have a Tuesday off for the 4th of July and to not have Monday off, so they made Monday a company holiday too. Zach and I decided to be productive and go to Tucson for some house hunting. We went there with no plan and I was very worried we weren't actually going to get to see any houses, but we totally lucked out.

Our first stop was to pick up Jenny from 1320 and go to lunch (Chipotle obviously). Afterward we met up with Chastity and went and saw our first house. This was a pretty funny situation. Zach called the realtor that day to see if we could come see it, and explained our whole situation about how Zach would be moving in in August but I wouldn't be there until the end of September yada yada yada. The realtor apparently mistook Zach for another one of her tenants that she thought just wanted to move to a different house. Because of this she showed us the place that day... we didn't find out she thought this until we were at the house and she was telling us how Zach is already pre-approved to live there but that I wasn't... and it was kind of odd. Then we figured it out, and it turns out that there's actually a lot of other people interested in the house so if she didn't think we were already one of her tenants we probably wouldn't have been able to see the house at all. She felt so bad for the mistake that she still kept us in the runner up spot, if the person who currently has it on hold doesn't sign her lease in 24 hours. So that was lucky.

We then made a stop at Eegees because you can't be in Tucson in July and not get a watermelon Eegees... that's an unforgivable sin (cough cough Jenny). Then Chastity showed us her apartment complex and her cute little apartment so we could see some variety from houses to apartments.
Then we dropped Jenny off at home since she had to go to work, then the rest of us went to look at a house in West University. The realtor guy is completely redoing these houses and they were a total dump when we got there. But one of the properties he is working on is like 80% complete, so he took us into that property so we could see the vision of what the end result will look like in the other properties... and boy was it beautiful. Everything was brand new and so stylish... but also so expensive. The house that is more in our price range is only a 1 bed 1 bath and not a whole lot of space. And as much as I loved the vision of the house, and how doooope it is going to look when it is all done, we decided space was more important to us than all the cool things that were happening in that house.

We went to one final house (well two technically) before we departed Tucson.... and this one is meant to be our home. It's 2 bed 2 bath, and super similar to 1320 hahaha. I can't even begin to describe to you all how badly I want to live in this place. After our little tour we went immediately to the realty office to fill out our applications so we could get this house right away. It will be so perfect if we can get this place, so fingers crossed everyone. And when we do get it, all you Tucson peeps better be ready for the epic backyard parties we will be having. It's going to be amazing.

Major shout out to Chastity & Jenny for joining us on our house hunting adventure and making it the least stressful this process could have possibly been. Y'all are the bomb.

We then left Tucson and went straight to Derrick's house to watch the Bachelorette... turns out there wasn't an episode this week, so the party people (me, Zach, Kenzie, Derrick, Abby, Andy, Sarah and Julia) just ended up playing games and partying hard with McDeezy's fancy 4th of July drinks.


On America's birthday the Fam was supposed to go to Payson for their epic 4th of July firework celebration, but there was so complications with cars (not surprisingly with mine) and I needed to work early the next morning so we decided to forgo the Payson trip and get a decent amount of sleep that night to prepare for the nightmare that Wednesday was going to be after the 4 day weekend.
So instead during the day, my mom, Zach and I went to visit Steph's new apartment. I am mostly amazed by the fact that her closet is in her bathroom, that's the most genius thing in the world. Her apartment is super cute and super Steph, and now she is a super grown up living all on her own. After the little apartment tour we went to various firework stands to see if we could find any good deals on sparklers for the wedding. We went to a few different stands in the blazing heat, and were pretty disappointed with the quantities of sparklers as well as the deals at some of the stands.
To reward ourselves for our efforts in the heat, my mother treated us to caffeine, she's such a good mom.
In the evening Zach and I joined Steph, Abby, Andy, Derrick & Kenzie on a hike up a mountain to watch all the fireworks in the valley. And what is the 4th of July really without a hike, some pizza muffins from Florindinos, fireworks, sparklers that are stubborn and a lighter that won't work in the wind (seriously it took us like 15 minutes to light two sparklers... and that's all we could light). It was a party fun time once we were up on the mountain. We discussed all the things that make America great (because y'all know it already is great) and we got to give Steph her first experience with smoke bombs. So obviously it was a successful evening.






The contrast in this photo is really just amazing ;)





Work the next day was kind of a wreck. I had so much to catch up on, but it kept me very busy so the day actually went by very quickly. Also at work I found out that Pardie is moving to Utah next month #crycrycry but also #soexciting. I thought it was a practical joke at first because I can't imagine AZ without the Azwhitmores buuuut I am super stoked for them, and this gives me a great excuse to escape to cooler weather whenever I want.

On Thursday Zach, Cob and I went to the temple, and it turns out Cob is actually my couple hahah just kidding... but it is a funny story. It's super wonderful to have friends that motivate you to go, or that will come with you even if you ask the day before.

On Friday after work I hung out with Sadie before she leaves for vacation for pretty much all of July... pretty much everyone is leaving me now. Zach is in Utah for the next week, and half of my family packed up their bags and went to Canada for who knows how long hahah. So lonely. Anyway... Sadie and I went swimsuit shopping because she is going to be living in water for the next few weeks and then we hung out at her house for a little while and discussed scams... like normal people haha. 
In the evening, Zach, Steph, Roland and I went to go see the new Spider Man movie. If you know me, you know how much I loved The Amazing Spider-Man (I cry just thinking about Gwen Stacy). So I wasn't too thrilled that they were re-doing spiderman aaaaagggaaaaiinnn. But I was thoroughly impressed with this movie. I am so disappointed in myself for not seeing certain things coming, but it was just too dang good. Y'all have to go see it.

Yesterday Zach and I partied hard all day before he leaves me for cooler weather. We did some pretty exciting things like bought new succulents and repotted my old ones because the crazy wind storm destroyed my pot. We also vowed to never step outside again so we spent a lot of the day on the couch, just enjoying not melting. We ate some pizza for lunch, we watched pretty much the entire season of Degreassi, we hung out with Max, Zach got a haircut, we went to Red Robin for some bottomless fries annnnd had a movie night. He's leaving me for only a week, and that's very sad to me hahaha. But he's always full of surprises and just when he had left to go home, and I was in bed ready to go to sleep he pops back to my house with a bunch of snickers candy bars to get me through the week. He's the greatest guys, I don't know how I lucked out so much.

Another exciting thing that happened this week was that I all the photos for the wedding invitations arrived so now I have everything I need to send out the invites. So my week without Zach will be dedicated to addressing and stuffing envelopes. All are welcome to help me... I will buy chinese take out to bribe your friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment