Stalker Archive

Sunday, May 28, 2017

What is summer?

Here's the crummiest thing about working full time... summer really isn't a thing. And that should be a crime. I don't think I will ever get used to not have a two month break from something I did every single day. But I am excited that it is summer for everyone else and that everyone is making their way to the valley!

Some exciting things that have happened over the past two weeks:

Talia's Hot Talia's Bachelorette Party
Back on the 19th (because this blogging thing is getting really hard) it was Talia's bachelorette party at Brittany's house! Steph and Jenny came from Tucson and joined Kenzie and I on the bachelorette festivities. There were all sorts of foods shaped in bachelorette party appropriate ways, there were games, and of course there were all of Hot Talia's glamazon friends who made us Tucson kids really feel like blob fish. It was a very fun time to be back with the Tucson crew as well as with Talia's Mesa crew who are some of the nicest and funniest girls around. I unfortunately did not take any photos of the party, but it was an awesome time celebrating with the hot bride to be!

Really freaking sick
On that same Friday I was starting to get really sick. I suffered through work that day, but made it through. And I am not one to miss a party so I still went and partied. But the next day was definitely rough. Zach is the best and spent his entire day off lounging around with me and taking care of me. We really did absolutely nothing productive, but I was happy he was there to keep me company during my sickness. Luckily on that Sunday there wasn't real church for the YSA. All the wards had the service at ASU for the YSA conference. I'm sure it was great, but I didn't feel bad about not going because I just wasn't top notch that weekend. Something very exciting did happen this weekend though... drum rolll... my bridesmaids outfits came in and I am SO PSYCHED about them. These girls are going to look so fab, you have no idea. Next item on the list is to get Zach's suit and figure out how we are going to make the groomsmen look at least half as good as my bridesmaids.

Welcome Home Ej
Ej finished off his year of grad school abroad in Italy and is back in Mesa for a little bit. He arrived home on the 22nd and brought with him some of my absolute favorite chocolates that I had in Italy. Ej loved his year spent in Europe but does not have the same love for Italy that I do. He was too busy living it up performing with ABBA in Sweden to really enjoy the fine parts of Italy ;). Now that he is back home all of the Richardson siblings are living under the same roof for a little while. It's a little crowded, but always a party.

Scitt's Graduation
Zach's younger brother Scitt graduated from the good ol Desert Ridge on Tuesday... AND he was the spirit of the jag, so he was the final speaker at graduation. He's kind of a big deal. Zach was only a little bit nervous for Scitt, but he totally killed his speech so there was no need for those second hand nerves after all. It was a super unorganized mess getting to this graduation. I am pretty sure between mine and Zach's family that attended graduation there were 5 different cars taken to get to the same destination... but we all made it eventually and it was a grand old time celebrating Scitt!
The craziest part about this graduation is that this is the first class that I wasn't in high school with! That's just a crazy thought to me that I have been out of high school for that long (let alone that I am now a college graduate... what in the world).

Helping Rachel Find Love
In Tucson this past semester it became a tradition to watch the Bachelor at the beezies every Tuesday. They have decided to keep this tradition going, and now I can actually be part of it with the Bachelorette! After the graduation Zach and I joined Abby, Andy, Kenzie, Kara, Brittany, Annie and Derrick at Derrick's house to watch the first episode. I had watched the Ellen group date episode already, so I had a little preview of the guys... and I am pretty sure I know who is going to win. I onl have my doubts because Jimmy Kimmel's wife didn't even have my guy in the top 3 (and she's very good with her predictions), so we will see how it goes! I am super excited for this season and all the craziness that this guys are going to bring.

It's Not Summer Without Tire Problems
Let's all think back to last summer and my fun tire issues, and the first time Chastity and I successfully changed a tire with no male presence around. And then a couple weeks later another tire going flat. Well it's just going to become a tradition for me I think each summer to have some tire problems. On my way to work my tire blew out, and because when my other tire problems occurred I was a poor college student, so I didn't have a spare tire to fix the blown one with. Luckily I go to work way earlier than I am expected to, and I wasn't all that far from home, so my parents were saints and swapped cars with me so I could get to work, and they dealt with my car. They're the best. This time around I decided to not be made a fool by my car, so I told my Dad to replace the one blown out tire, as well as the tire on the opposite side just in case (sure enough the people at the shop said that tire had cracks in it, so it was smart idea... I'm a genius) and the nice tire people gave us a free spare. So not only do I have two tires in good shape, but a new spare so that I will be prepared next time around. And just in case you were wondering these were not the same two wheels as last summer, so we all knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

Best Friends and Succulents
On Friday night I hung out with Sadie for some long overdue bff time. We went and got some ice cream and caught each other up on all the little things in our lives... but mostly Sadie was great and just let me vent to her about all sorts of things. After ice cream I took her to Zach's house to show her the collection of succulents that Pam is taking care of for the wedding, so Sadie could start visualizing my ideas for the wedding. Sadie has in such a small amount of time become the master of all things plants, and is going to make my crazy ideas look real good at my wedding I just know it. Seriously people, if you know someone who is getting married, talk to me and I will connect you to her!

Dancing Queen
Avery had her dance recital on Saturday, her first recital ever! She is such a dancing queen, and she was so nervous, but she absolutely killed it on the stage. She has been practicing this dance for what feels like forever, and all her hard work really showed tonight! Now I will be happy that Zero to Hero will be played far less in the Richardson household now. Sadie did such a good job with all the choreography for a bunch of hyper little girls, and the show was a total success! 




Some exciting things ahead:
MEMORIAL DAY! The Fam is heading out to Sedona for a day of wild fam adventures tomorrow!
On Wednesday we have a cake testing appointment, and I couldn't be more psyched about it.
It's going to be June this week and that is too freaking weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment