Stalker Archive

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Back to Back to Back [Plus more engagement photos ;)]

I am putting this photo here so this can be the cover image, because Zach's watch looks so dope... and I hope it crops right on Facebook... if not we can all laugh at me together.

If you are here just to see some more engagement photos, go ahead and scroll down, I am putting them at the end.

This past weekend was photo paaaaaarty. I had three graduation shoots, one Friday night, one Saturday morning and another Saturday night. And I am insane and got all of the photos done by Sunday... I seriously can't stand having photos go unedited, it's a curse and a blessing. Oh and of course, all these were in Tucson, because that is apparently my graduation market.

So on Friday Zach picks me up from work in Chandler and we make our way to Tucson. We got in a little bit before the scheduled shoot so we went over to 1320 to throw all our stuff down, pee, say hi to Jenny because the other beezies were sleeping, and then we were off to shoot Thom and Sydney's graduation photos. Thom & Sydney both went to my high school, they're high school sweethearts and they're just about the cutest (this may sound creepy... but I can't get enough of Sydney's smile). Thom started school at ASU and lasted one semester without Sydney and made the greatest decision one could ever make in their life and chose to go to UA instead, and now they are graduating together and getting married next month! Congratulations of everything you two!

After we got done with their shoot, Trevor had just barely arrived in Tucson (he came to scope out his new apartment and contact his new Target... only one of which he did that weekend, but we can still deem it a success). Then we woke McKenzie and Steph up and the 5 of us got ready to go to Susannah's wedding out past Saguaro National Park. It was quite a bit of a drive but it was so worth it. The venue was beautiful all the decorations were AMAZING, the food was to die for (still craving those macaroons), the dancing was off the chain, and I got to see so many people I have not seen in a long time! I love my Tucson peeps so much, and it's so much fun to catch up with all of them. Susannah looked so dang good in her dress, she was seriously a princess, and the most perfect and sweetest bride in the world. She went out of her way to hug me and Steph while she was supposed to be cutting her cake, seriously sweetest girl. Second only to Susannah was Ali and Bryce's brand spanking new baby Charley! Ali is the queen mom and is slaying life as a new mom! They're the cutest little family, and Charley is just the tiniest and sweetest girl in the world.

After mingling and dancing, the 5 of us made our way back to the mainland and then continued the party with Abby, Jacob, Jenny and Brittany at the Beezies. Abby and I spent most of the night venting about the struggles of being a photographer (especially being a photographer around the UA in the months of April and May hahaha) and dishing on all things wedding plans.
Unfortunately I had an early morning on Saturday so we did not party until 6 am in true Tucson fashion, but that sleep was much needed.

Saturday morning's shoot was with another DRHS alum, and one of my greatest friends back when we were theatre kids, Tia Ferrara. I'm going to do a quick throwback here of me and Tia in the 8th grade after a rehearsal for the Magic Flute:
And a few years later at a dress rehearsal for Back to the Eighties I thiiiiink our sophomore year:


And now Tia is a hot af soon-to-be college graduate and future CEO. She's super BA, and it was SO much fun taking these photos with her. I'm glad she was down to just keep drinking that champagne in one of her lecture halls so I could get the good shots hahaha, seriously she's the best.

Giiiiirl you gotta throw what ya know

As you can tell, Tia has really blossomed... and I look exactly the same as I did when I was 12....

During the day Saturday it was mostly a relaxing day, Trevor, Zach, Jenny and I went to No Anchovies for lunch, then Kenzie joined us on a failed attempt to find bridesmaid dresses:


I also did a lot of editing during the day, as well as a much needed nap.

Saturday evening's session was the the second half of Tralyssa McVigil. Once upon a time I took her husbands graduation photos in 2014 and now here I was taking Alyssa's in 2017, the world has come full circle. Poor Alyssa got the short end of the stick though because back when I took Trent's photos I was charging in chipotle gift cards... buuut my photos are better now so it all evens out anyway. Alyssa was THE BEST to work with. She just makes my words that make no sense turn into beautiful poses and she pulls it off flawlessly. She was gorgeous, even with the wind trying to ruin her hair in all of the shots, and with Champion (their sweet dog) trying to destroy her graduation garb. But seriously people like Alyssa are the reasons why I can have fun while taking photos.


After taking her photos Zach and I hung out with Kenzie for a little while longer and then made our way back home to Mesa. Another very successful weekend in Tucson, and I can't believe graduation for all my homies is next freaking week, I am so psyched for everyone!

On Sunday Jacob was in the valley so he joined Zach, Rory and I at church, where Jacob got to experience.... the uniqueness of the Valley singles wards haha. It was a good time all around filled with silly comments, some laughs and some strange looks.

On Monday I was in charge of FHE once again with my companion. This time around we did a cultural diversity night (I seriously get all my FHE ideas from old FHEs I participated in in Tucson...lol). I represented Canada and made some poutine to share with everyone, there were also goodies and trinkets from other places like Louisiana, Ethiopia, Russia, El Salvador, Germany and Brazil, and then we had a story time from our Bishop about his adventures in Israel and Egypt (and yes he was completely decked out in Egyptian garb). It was a grand old time and I am happy it turned out well with lots of people volunteering and sharing cultures with the ward.

Now...

Welcome everyone to the part 2 of the engagement photos. I cannot stress enough how amazing Drey Johnson is. It's going to be almost impossible to choose just one photo for our invitations (cause y'all know I aint about those collages). So maybe you all can help me, we will see. Enjoy our faces 20 more times:

I have had multiple people pick this as the invitation image... but I also think that I look a little bit like a closet crazy person in the photo hahaha.

3 comments:

  1. Also lol. jokes on you...tia is never without a drink. hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second to last one is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one with the palm fronds is sersiously gold.

    ReplyDelete