Stalker Archive

Sunday, July 24, 2016

How Is July Almost Over

Monday July 18
Monday wasn't the world's most thrilling day. But Zach's p-day is now Monday's, so I got to email him and hear all about his first week in Curaçao.
After emailing Zach in the morning, I had my apprenticeship class as usual. But then not as usual, I had to go save Jenny who locked herself in our backyard while doing laundry. It was a good way for her to say her adieu to 1320 for the rest of the summer since she would be returning home to California until the fall semester. 
I went grocery shopping... that wasn't exciting.
I had a work meeting... also not exciting.
I did watch quite a few Scandal episodes, and that's always exciting. 
And of course, I caught some Pokemon and took some photos #ADayInTheLife

Tuesday, July 19
The day I had been dreading since the beginning of summer had finally come. It was time for me to say my final goodbye to the photo desk as I knew it, as I began to move everything to the much smaller desk that has been assigned to me. I was a little emotional, not gonna lie... but I am sure I will get used to my new desk eventually (but probably not).
Work went by really fast, I got most of my work done before lunch #worldrecord. Chastity and I went to lunch at Eegee's because the watermelon Eegee's right now is a gift straight from heaven. I also still owed Chastity a little bit of money for paying for my tire, so this is how I made up for it. We also went to her apartment and to the dollar tree, the most exhilarating lunch break ever.
I had quite a bit of time to kill as I waited for photos for one of the Arts articles, so I caught myself up on the Bachelorette. In case you were curious, I am team Jordan for life, but Luke is my second pick. I'll be devastated if either go home tomorrow night haha.

Wednesday, July 20
 I don't think anything that exciting happened for a majority of the day... besides watching Scandal of course.
But in the evening Chastity, Steph and I went to dinner at Smashburger (Chastity had never been, and that really needed to change) and then we went on campus to take some possible cover photos for the upcoming Campus Guide issue of the Daily Wildcat. I taught Chastity all about long exposures, it was a good time.
I know, finally, some photos:




This was actually taken on Monday, but it was indeed a cover photo option, so I thought it appropriate to put in this section.

Here is Chastity having a good time, taking photos like a champ

Thursday, July 21
Class on Thursday was a breath of fresh air because we moved rooms into the fancy executive conference room with comfy chairs and free drinks. We talked about our final research project ideas (my project is on the female presence (the small presence that is is) on photo desks at major newspapers), and the out-of-ordinary things we did the week before on assignment. I also discovered that I've been calling the back pocket a butt pocket all my life, and apparently that is a very weird thing to say. But now I know to call it a back pocket.
Steph fed the missionaries at the institute and invited me to come along. She bought us all Taco Bell, because there's no better dinner than some Doritos Locos Tacos and Baja Blast (unless of course you are Steph and you replace Baja Blast with a Diet Coke from McDonalds). During dinner the missionaries talked about how weird it is that high schools have gates in Arizona, and that their high school's in Utah did not. One of the elder's has apparently been obsessing over high schools in general... kind of odd... but makes for an interesting conversation.
After we fed the missionaries we walked over to the chapel for the weekly institute class. Brother Somerville taught a fantastic lesson about being an instrument in the Lord's hands. Institute is the best. 

Friday, July 22
Rick texted me on Thursday night asking if I would be willing to do an all morning assignment starting at 7 am. This actually sounded like it could be an exciting assignment, so I couldn't turn it down, even if that meant waking up at 6 am. 
I was to meet the Tucson Samaritans at a local church in South Tucson and then drive with them to a place where they drop off water for migrants coming across the border, and I was supposed to take pictures of them dropping off the water. Well, at least that's what the photo assignment described it as.
Turns out I had to drive myself and follow behind the Samaritans (using my own gas #crycrycry, but it's okay because I do get mileage reimbursed... eventually) because their journey would be a 6-7 hour hike, and I had a noon deadline. So I followed them a little past Rio Rico, and through some desert (which was very nerve racking in my mess of a Buick) before I parked, hopped in their car to drive through a more treacherous terrain and then parked the car about 4 miles from the US-Mexico border to prepare for the hike. I thought they would have water drops throughout the hike, but it turned out that their only drop of the day would be along the border sooooo I didn't get to actually take pictures of the Tucson Samaritans dropping any water. But they let me walk with them for about a quarter mile and showed me the Green Valley Samaritan drop points, and I was able to get some pictures of them explaining it to me and investigating some of the water jugs that had been slashed by border control officers. 
So the assignment didn't turn out quite like I thought it would, but it was an adventure that I needed since some of my recent assignments have not been exciting at all.



It was a slow day at the Star so that was my only assignment of the day. But Mamta is finally back from her cruise in Alaska so I got to hear all about her vacation and talk about my assignment as little bit. I also explained to her the phenomenon that is Pokemon Go, she will be hooked before you know it.

After my work at the Star I went to the Wildcat to work on a photo essay one of the photographers wrote for a rally that happened on Thursday. I also had a budget meeting for the Campus Guide issue... all very exciting things. But once I was all done at the Wildcat, I made my way to Mesa.
When I got to Mesa I went shopping with my mom for the final touches of our gift for Sadie's bridal shower, I was really excited about the gift, and I found the most perfect pineapple wrapping paper to complete the present. I don't know if anyone has ever been as excited about wrapping paper as I was, it was a very exciting and proud moment for me. Go Target.

Saturday, July 23
SADIE'S BRIDAL SHOWER! I can't even begin to describe my excitement for Sadie's wedding, and the bridal shower that Ashlyn threw her made it all feel so much more real and made me even more excited. The one thing I need in order for a bridal shower to be a success is that there are cute pictures of the couple and those delicious lemon bites from Costco. Sadie's shower had BOTH those things, so it was perfect. Also, Sadie loved the gift AND the wrapping paper (which is what I really cared about haha).



Later I went with Sadie for her dress fitting and I was SO PUMPED! Weddings make me really happy, so you can imagine hoe my best friend's wedding must make me feel. 
The woman tailoring Sadie's dress is quite the hoot. She lives alone with her cat Buster (who I am pretty sure thinks he is a dog). She's the sweetest old lady though and is seriously a miracle worker. She told us about this dress she tailored that had a piece of the bride's mothers wedding dress. The moms dress had gone yellow over time and this lady made it white again and attached it to the bride's dress so flawlessly. She's amazing. Sadie's dress is going to look SO amazing too, and Sadie is going to be the world's prettiest bride. I took some pictures, but my blog is no place to debut the world's greatest wedding dress.

After the fitting we went to Soda Rush and visited Sadie's sister Lacie, then we went to Sadie's to talk to her mom about the fitting, and then we quite spontaneously decided to get Sadie's ears pierced at the mall so she could have pearl earrings for her wedding. This would actually be Sadie's third time getting her ears pierced (they've closed in the other two times) but she was still a little nervous, it was a little entertaining. But she was a champ and said that it didn't even hurt, but it did make her have a heat flash haha. Her sister Audrie works at the mall and went on her lunch break so she could watch the piercing from the second level of the mall... a little creepy, but very funny.


At night Sadie and I got trapped into watching Avery but we made it a party! We made peanut butter cup pizookies, took 5ever to choose a movie to watch, watched about 20 minutes of Sky High before we switched to Mamma Mia, played dominos, had a basketball competition and of course an epic dance party. Can you honestly come into the Richardson house without having a dance party with Avery?

Sunday, July 24
I woke up in Mesa, stalled a little bit and then made my way back to Tucson so I could make it to church on time. Church was fantastic as usual, these past few weeks of lessons and talks have been so applicable to my life, and it's the greatest. 
After church I came home and looked through the paper to see if the rumor was true that my photo would be on the cover of the Home + Life section of the Daily Star. AND SURE ENOUGH THE RUMORS WERE TRUE, and the picture is freaking huge. I was so psyched. I may not get paid at this apprenticeship, but seeing my photos printed makes it all worth it (that is, of course until I am broke in a couple weeks).

These next couple weeks are going to be wedding happening galore. I have Annabeth's bridal shower, Annabeth's wedding, Sadie's bachelorette party, Sadie's wedding, Mary-Margaret's bridal shower and Mary-Margaret's wedding! It's going to be a crazy August indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment